Thread: Copying oddity
View Single Post
08 Oct 2009  
The111

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Is it possible you are copying over the entire C drive? Including all the junctions and hardlinked files/folders? There is also an issue with permissions, you may not have the permissions required to copy a file/folder.
As I mentioned above, it had to do with an external drive mapped to a "folder" on my C drive.

However, there are still certain folders on my C drive I can't copy. Some I can't even open. Like "Documents and Settings" for example. It has a lock symbol and I cannot open it. I am not sure why that folder even exists since it sounds like a remnant of XP, since Vista/7 use "Users" folder instead. However, regarding permissions, how is it possible that as an ADMINISTRATOR on my own computer there are certain folders I cannot access? How does that make any sense? Besides "Documents and Settings" there is also one other folder "System Volume Information" which I am denied access to. I really don't care what's in there, but on principle, how can I be denied access to the contents of my own disk?
My System SpecsSystem Spec