View Single Post
21 Oct 2009  
snuff

Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows server 2008

i would suggest getting the corsair HX1000W (im running the same powersupply in my comp Core i7 920, 6gb corsair tripple channel ram, asus P6T deluxe V2, ati 4870 was going to get 2 but cost would not permit at the time , Seagate 1TB hard drive, 3x200m fans, 1x120m fan, 1x120m noctua CPU fan, all 200m fans running led lights) its an absolutely brilliant power supply its got enough out put for a start so if you ever need to add any more things to the comp like maybe another graphics card and more drives and waht not you still have the over head to do so its insanely relaiable. heres a copy and paste direct from the corsair website

The Corsair HX1000W features six PCI-Express connectors, both 6-pin and 8-pin compatible, to power multiple high-end graphics cards and two EPS12V connectors for dual CPU configurations. The truly independent dual transformer, dual rail design allow for optimum load balancing resulting in greater performance and stability. Industrial-grade 105C primary, secondary and solid state capacitors provide up to four times the lifespan of traditional components.
The HX1000W not only delivers one thousand watts of clean power for the highest performance enthusiast systems, it does so at greater than 80% efficiency thanks to the double-forward switching design and multiple rail DC-to-DC converter. Due to its best-in-class efficiency the HX1000W is able to run cool and quiet with only a single 140mm thermally controlled fan.
Corsair HX1000W Features:
  • Guaranteed to deliver 1000W of continuous power at 50C
  • 80%+ energy efficient under real world load conditions
  • True independent dual rail design for maximum compatibility
  • Combined 80A of power on +12V
  • Multiple GPU ready
  • 105C solid state capacitors
  • Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.99 to ensure clean and reliable power
  • Supports the latest ATX12V 2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 Standards. Backwards compatible with ATX12V 2.01
  • Auto switching circuitry provides universal AC input 90-264V
  • Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection and Short Circuit Protection provide maximum component safety
  • Dimensions: 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 200mm(L)
  • Five year limited warranty with 24/7 on demand customer service
  • MTBF: 100,000 hours
it really is awesome and deffinetly runs quiet and cool if you really dont need 1000w then theres all ways the HX600 or HX800 but in all honesty get one of the corsair modular power supplys they really are fantastic. also a link you should check out also is www.atomicmpc.com.au and search the HX1000w they give it a better run down than i could and also gave it a score of 99% ( obviously out of 100% ) any way hope this helps your decision good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec