View Single Post
01 Nov 2009  
Thisislaw

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

"CFS"? I'm guessing that's meant to be either CIFS (SMB) or the actual name of the domain they use at your workplace?

Either way, it doesn't really matter.

The drop down list of names to which you're referring is/was generated based on what are called "trust relationships" between the domain to which your workstation's machine account belongs and other domains. In other words, what you see in the list is domains trusted by your workstation's DCs.

It tends to confuse the heck out of people.

There are two ways to specify the domain context when there's no domain list available:

1) The domain\username syntax which was already mentioned.
2) The "UPN" form which looks like a mail address: User@Domain.com

The authentication plumbing consisting of your machine plus its DCs will then attempt to hunt down a DC from the domain specified in order to verify the account credentials. Again, it only works if the domain is trusted, either transitively or in the NT4 sense.[/QUOTE]

Yes, CFS is the name of the domain, just an example.
This is all very confusing for me but looks very good
What it is now is I have the option of whatever was last logged onto or "Other User".
Is there a way to make just login to domain and then have all other users just show up?
You said it is based on trust but in XP this was all there by default and since the login screen from XP to 7 is different, there will be no drop down.
So what exactly do I have to do? If you7 already mentioned it, sorry, I will need more explanation; if it can't be done, I guess we will enter it each time.
Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec