View Single Post
04 Nov 2009  
ers1284

Windows 7 Home Premium

sfc /scannow should be run from elevated command prompt.

-I did that, several times before. Scan doesn't find anything.

Look into AMD forums or AMD website for "tlb" fix.

-I reseached that already too. My BIOS has an option to implement TLB fix or leave it disabled by default. It makes no difference if it's on or off.

Completely uninstall AVG from system. Run memtest for as long as you can stand to.

-I don't think AVG has had anything to do with my crashes. I was getting them before I even installed it, and still getting them after uninstalling it. I'm fairly certain my memory isn't the culprit either- I replaced the sticks with 2 others from another computer that is working fine.

Scan with Malwarebytes.

-I don't think it's Malware either. These problems are after fresh installs and I'm pretty diligent about computer security. I have scanned several times before though.

Use event viewer to click on links as bottom to get Microsoft's recommendations for each error.

-Even viewer is about as useful as the minidumps. Just alot of logs about the system shutting down unexpectedly without pointing to any possible causes or suggestions.

Disable floppy support in bios if not used. Better to completely detach from system. Disable all unused ports in the bios, namely, serial. Disable RAID controller in device manager if not in use. (I see you have no driver installed for it now.)

-Did both of those, no change.

Unlrelated, but get Bonjour off the system the proper way. Google is helpful here.

-No change.
My System SpecsSystem Spec