Quote: Originally Posted by atomsk
WTF? You run setup.exe from a partition or drive you have no intention of installing Windows 7 on and them BAM, like magic, Windows 7 just installs to the drive/partition you want without ever being told to?
- Use a free program like ImgBurn to extract the downloaded ISO to a partition or drive on which you are not going to Install Windows 7.
- Make sure you have around 16GB of free space on the partition you wish to install Windows 7.
- Go to the folder where the ISO is extracted.
- Run Setup.exe and Follow the instructions.
- Choose where to install Windows!? (Refer to step 1.)
- The installation Runs Like Usual.
- If you installed windows on a partition where another version of windows was already installed, Just Delete the Windows.Old folder by using Disk Cleanup.
- You have a new build of Windows.
BIG HOLE in instructions...
LMAO...please re-read the instructions
...actually I guess I can help you understand
Extract the ISO to a partition or drive that you don't want to install Windows 7 to (will call this drive D)
Second run the setup.exe from those extracted files on the D drive and choose to install Windows on the drive you want to install to (Will call this C)
The Setup screen actually quite clearly asks you "WHERE DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL WINDOWS!!!!
If that isn't a clue than I don't know what is...