View Single Post
18 Nov 2009  

Win7 64bit Ultimate

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by swarfega View Post
Their website did say there would be 64-bit at the next major release. Depends if they mean 10.1 or 11 :/

Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.
A beta is expected to be available for Windows Mobile, Palm webOS and desktop systems including Windows, Macintosh and Linux later this year. In the meantime, sign up to be notified when Flash Player 10.1 for Palm Pre beta is available.
why so long lol.
HD Flash. That should be all I need to say. Flash 10.x is supposed to have the support for HD flash as in full 1080 HD. They have had an HD flash gallery open for a while now and I know they were putting a lot of development time into the HD end of flash. This is probably also why there is no x64 support yet. It would be a real waste to work on a 64 bit version at this specific point in time because of the HD thing and the ratio of x86 to x64 users using flash so the priority is pretty obvious.
My System SpecsSystem Spec