Quote: Originally Posted by richc46
I'm trying to install Windows 7 retail with no luck.
I've been installing it many times before, from beta to rtm with no problem whatsoever, it's an excellent OS!
But now it just won't work, it gets stuck on "installing updates" or "installing features", mostly the first.
I have tryed with the dvd and a bootable usb, same thing.
I am using the following hardware:
Asus P6T Deluxe
Intel i7 920
Corsair Dominator 3x2Gb
OCZ Vertex SSD (for the OS)
Samsung F1 1Tb (for storage)
Questings and answers:
• Do you have a single OS on your computer, are you planning on multi-booting with this installation?
I'm doing a clean install, I have no OS on my computer now.
• Are you multi-booting now?
• How many internal hard drives (HD) are connected to your system?
1 ssd and 1 hdd
• Are they IDE or SATA?
• How many DVD drives are connected to your system?
• Are they IDE or SATA Drives?
• Any external HDs used?
Try burning at 4X
Disconnect everything except monitor, keyboard and mouse.
It does'nt work when installing from usb either, so the burn speed can't be the problem, right?