View Single Post
03 Mar 2009  
johngalt

OK, here is the deal - I found a lot of inconsistencies in your services list from my services list - some are easily explained, and some are not:

List of services you have running that I don't have started:
  • Acronis Scheduler2 Service (I don't have Acronis)
  • Application Host Helper Service (Not even listed in my set of services)
  • CNG Key Isolation - my setting - Manual, not started
  • Diagnostic System Host - my setting - Manual, not started
  • Extensible Authentication Protocol - my setting - Manual, not started
  • IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules - my setting - Manual, not started
  • IPsec Policy Agent - my setting - Manual, not started
  • Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 (I don't have Kaspersky)
  • Multimedia Class Scheduler - my setting - Automatic, not started - this means I have not had anything interface with Windows for a multimedia file class at all as of yet - yours is normal, leave it alone.
  • QBCFMonitorService (Not even listed in my set of services) - meaning it could be from Kaspersky or Acronis, but it could be malicious
  • RIP Listener (Not even listed in my set of services) - meaning it could be from Kaspersky or Acronis, but it could be malicious
  • Software Protection - my setting - Automatic (Delayed start), not started
  • Telephony - my setting - Manual, not started
  • WLAN AutoConfig - my setting - Manual, not started

And now for services I have running that you do not (I am excluding any machine specific services on my end):
  • Application Information - my setting - Automatic, started
  • DNS Client - my setting - Automatic, started
  • Program Compatibility Assistant Service - my setting - Automatic, started

Now of the three I am running that you are not, that DNS one is going to be needed unless Kaspersky is also using a firewall and using its own DNS system - you'll have to contact them to find out. Also, that last one is pretty important as it is needed for automatically checking program compatibility with W7 - and since this is a Beta OS, I highly recommend you leave it on so it can tell you before installation if a program may have issues.

Finally, take note - I see RIP listener, for example, but I remember that in the past you had to manually install that from Programs and Features, so my next set of questions are *critical* and need to be answered:

1) When you said you had installed W7 locally 40 times, are you using the default ISO image from the download, or have you modified it using something like vLite? If not modifying it, are you adding some of these features manually?

2) If this is a generic Windows 7 CD, please do as mentioned above - turn off your wireless *manually* and the format and reinstall W7 - ***and use a different user name and PW*** - then connect ***and do not use the network nearby in your neighborhood***.

3) Have you tried searching for a possible rootkit installation on your machine? Do you have access to spare HDs that you can temporarily replace your current one with and install W7 and see if the problem persists?
My System SpecsSystem Spec