Quote: Originally Posted by Copson20
This will be my first Sata DVD Drive how do I go about installing the drive (hardware).
SATA installation is easy depending on your skill level.
- Shut down your system
- power off and unplug, disconnect all cables
- put your pc on a stable work area.
- remove the locking screws on port/left side with the computer facing you for ref. point
- remove the shield.cover plate
- your sata ports are red in color.
- mount your drive and lock it down
- connect the sata power cable connector to your mounted drive (See img)
- Connect your drive with the red SATA cable to the SATA port on your MOBO
- Make sure your connections are secure. Put your side panel back on your pc
- connect all your cables and power plug.
- turn on your pc, it should begin the post, windows 7 will load and find the new device and then install it.
That should do it for you.