View Single Post
13 Dec 2009  
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center

I have some difficulties to understand your point. Something I do understand is Windows 7 language packs and how they work, that's why I would like to use this opportunity and correct something you've got wrong:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mushroomboy View Post
Certain files don't get changed as if he gets an update it'll get replaced anyways. Language files don't get replaced on updates, hence the idea of a "db" for language files.
Because I changed the system language of my German Win7, it is now completely English. It means Windows Update works perfectly, updating my files and software with English files. IE8 updates, system updates, everything is in English though the original install language is German. Language pack does not change the behaviour of Windows Update or leave something out from update.

Language pack IS NOT A DATABASE OF WORDS in another language. It is a complete Windows system in chosen language thus completely and normally updated by Windows Update.

I really want to ask you not to spread wrong information, especially when it is quite clear you do not know even the basics of Windows Language Packs and how they work. When you response to an issue here always check your facts before posting if you are not sure.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec