View Single Post
29 Dec 2009  
Cowmonaut

Windows 7

Created an account on these forums for this specific issue. This is the only site that mentions it that I can find on Google.

I'm currently trying to create shortcuts to logoff and reboot the system so I can assign keyboard shortcuts (custom ones). On WinXP we had no issue with this and had CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+L logoff the user and CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+R reboot the system after 10 seconds. Trying to duplicate this with Win7 currently.

I have the shortcuts created and they work when I double click them. I should note that Microsoft's support site claims you can't use CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+<random key> as a custom shortcut but in reality you can and it still works. Because I thought perhaps this was the issue however I am currently trying to get these to work with CTRL+ALT+L and CTRL+ALT+R.

The reason its important for the keyboard shortcuts to work (aside from the fact they should!) as the actual shortcut (the .lnk file) will be hidden so that the guest user can't see the file.

So far I have not found anything in Event Viewer to suggest anything is interfering. The shortcuts will work fine when they are initially created, and usually seem fine after a reboot even. Randomly the keyboard shortcut will stop working even though it is still set. So far the only way to get it to work again has been to double click the shortcut. When the shortcut is hidden we won't be able to do that though so we need to find out why this is even happening.

I'm going to keep working on it but if anyone can suggest anything at all as to what would be causing the custom keyboard shortcuts to randomly stop working it would be appreciated!
My System SpecsSystem Spec