View Single Post
29 Dec 2009  
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklythings View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklythings View Post
I don't think it is "interference" as such as I have seen that many people have had this problem.

However, I could possibly move the computer upstairs and see it it works on the wired connection.

I have a D-Link DSL 2640 R Router

My new computer is a Packard Bell ixtreme M3720

All other computers on the network are fine (and on Windows XP)

As I say, it is connected to the network - but not the internet. And when it briefly shows internet access I can't actually access any web pages.

All help gratefully received as I really am at the end of my tether with this!

Julia
Have you tried using the Packard Bell Windows 7 update page. It does show support for your M3720 machine but you need to get there by clicking on support from this page> eligible | Packard Bell

Your D-link router shows support for the DSL-2640B but I can't seem to find anything about the DSL-2640R model, no Windows 7 support showing for the R model as yet. And there is a difference between the two apparently. The R version which is a UK version shows no Windows 7 support. Maybe you have the B version and don't realize it?
Hi there
Myabe it is a router issue then, although that doesn't explain why it is connected to the network but not the internet (or maybe it does!) The old tower that was replaced worked, albeit temperamentally, for three weeks before consistently showing the problem I now have.
I have downloaded the new drivers from the Packard Bell site (thanks) but it has made no difference.
Any other ideas?
Julia
Yes it does explain it perfectly actually, in fact your complaints are exactly the same as everyone else's with these types of problems. I can't seem to find anything about that R model router you have but there may also be some updates from the packard site that I linked too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec