View Single Post
10 Jan 2010  
wildpig1234

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Hello Wildpig1234 Welcome to the Se7en Forums!

When seeing two different amounts of drive space used one thing to add into the mix there is the paging file seen with any Windows installation by default. Windows reserves a certain amount of drive space for that as well as the creation of new system restore points.

As for options at shutdown, logoff, restart you bring over the dropdown menu to the right for seleting one or the other. For changing the default option seen for the button itsself you Birng up the Start menu and right click on a blank spot to select "properties" and go to the "power button options" to select one from the dropdown list of choices in the properties screen there.

The images here will show how those look.
My pagefile is on another partition, drive D. System restore is disabled on all drives. I don't understand why right clicking on drive C, and select property it says i have 2.95 GB freespace in a 10.2 GB partition, but selecting all the files and folder on drive C and right click and select property, it says i am using 9.81 GB for all the files on drive C. Does that means i really don't have 2.95 GB free? Does windows 7 somehow use compression even though i tell it not to? I do have show all files enabled btw

There;s no option to set power button to the option "ask me what to do". also when you click shut down button, it does so immediately without giving you another dialog box (with the choice of logoff, restart or shut down) to confirm like in XP. From what i heard, they did away with this starting with Vista because some people don't bother to click on shutdown again on the second dialog box that comes up. This is bad mistake because its very easy to click on shutdown button by mistake. Yes, you can click on the arrow next to the shutdown button, but that is a small arrow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec