View Single Post
17 Jan 2010  
Betta

windows 7

Tried the fix above, but got stopped

I was following the suggestion above for installing the XP driver and then fixing it for vista, except I have windows 7. I made it all the way through step 8. However, after I clicked on zUSB.inf and "open", I got the following error message and couldn't go any further:

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

And then it goes back to asking me to browse to the location of the disk - I don't get an opportunity to click "OK", and the printer "HP LaserJet 1000" is not installed, working or not.

Any suggestions??

(The first time I tried to install this printer, the computer recognized it was an HP 1000. It took me to the HP site to try to download a driver, but there wasn't one. I talked to an HP technician, who told me that HP will not be developing a driver for this printer in Windows 7. Also, apparently there used to be a very basic driver available that would likely work, and he tried to help me get to a spot on HP's website to download it, only to find out that HP had updated its website and had removed that driver.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec