View Single Post
25 Jan 2010  

Win 8 Release candidate 8400

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Diranda View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Hi Julie

Well It still seems like there are two problems. First two of the four crashes were still caused by your video driver. All four however were memory related. Since you replaced the video driver alreaady I think it would be prudent to start looking at the memory. I do have a question. Does it blue screen in safe mode )F8)?

Now onto the memory. you should go get memtestx86 and run it for 5 passes. It is going to take a lot of time. It will tell us if there is either a memory problem or maybe a heat problem.

Im not sure but if you havent run a system file check
type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow

If the memory and the system show no errors we will get more aggressive. if we need to get more aggressive you will need a backup and a win 7 dvd.

Good Luck

Hi Ken,

We have done a /scannow on the computer which has come up with no errors on the memory.

One thing we're thinking of checking is the monitor itself, but we're pretty tapped out on ideas for solutions.

PS: Yes, it has blue screened in Safe Mode when shutting down.

Can you upload the latest DMP files so we can compare them. Usamsa is one of our best so we have enough eyes on the problem. I can understand it must be getting frustrating.
My System SpecsSystem Spec