Problem: Continuous set up loop for XP
My HDD is 500GB. I have Windows 7 and followed the instructions Method 2 to install XP to 2nd partition 160GB (created under disk management). However once it's copied all the files onto the HDD, it restarts and repeats the whole set up process all over again i.e "press any key to boot from CD". If I press a key the process repeats and files are copied; nothing happens if I don't do anything. Some things I've tried:
1) Removed the CD - "A disk read error occurred. Press Alt+Control+Del to restart"
2) Changed boot sequence back to HDD first and CD-ROM second - "A disk read error occurred. Press Alt+Control+Del to restart"
3) Re-inserted CD and restart - back to "Press any key to boot from CD" and back to same problem above.
4) I have tried two different XP disks but same problem.
5) Tried Quick format, full format and even "Leave current file system intact" in the set up step
So now I'm stuck on the ""A disk read error occurred. Press Alt+Control+Del to restart"! Any help will be appreciated. What have I miss or done incorrectly? Thanks