View Single Post
07 Feb 2010  

winxp pro, Vista home pro x64, win7 pro x86 & x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
What problems are you having necessitating its repair?
Just a warranty keyboard repair (it's a laptop).

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
If you do not trust the repair shop the best advice I can give is to find another repair shop.

If the laptop is going into the shop for a hardware repair that does not require the hard disk you could always simply remove the drive completely.

If this is a software issue or hardware that will require access to the system drives then you cannot really expect the technicians to work without full access to the drive, the only thing you can do is totally remove any sensitive data.
It's a warranty repair, thus I'm stuck with this repair shop. HP tech said that I could not remove the drives, and that I should back up the data, bedause he could not guarantee that the shop doesn't format the drives.

My main reason for this is really the big trouble to reinstall all software according to my needs. At the same time I don't want them fiddling around in my personal data, not that it is sensitive, but I do have some personal stuff. Also I don't want them to get their hands on my media files, MP3's etc.

I don't believe that a shop has a standard procedure of reformatting drives, but I've known of repair guys that have the FFR procedure as standard, even if it is swapping a CD-drive or replacing a keyboard....

Attached: pics of my two HDD's...

Attached Images
My System SpecsSystem Spec