View Single Post
15 Feb 2010  

Win 7 Ultimate x4

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Hello Lodester, welcome to the Seven Forums.

You have to install and enable integration features to be able to copy / paste between Virtual PC guest and host. Drag and drop don't work. More in this thread.

Thanks Kari for the welcome and reply.

Yeah, that's what i thought (needing integration features). Unfortunately I can't enable integration features without destabilizing the virtual machine, i get a lot of SmartCard errors in the application log and within 30 minutes, sometimes right away, the machine becomes completely unresponsive. Neither the guest or the host has ever had any SmartCard driver/device installed so that particular error is a mystery and possibly just symptomatic of the real issue.

I have tried a lot of remedial stuff to work around this, such as disconnecting all usb devices, removing unneeded/detached device drivers even from the host machine.

If anyone knows of any VM related patches that have come down since RTM I can check to see if they've been installed yet, my auto-updates keep my Win7 install up to date, so I'd think I'd have them. In any case, i may try this again soon and see if I get any better results.

My System SpecsSystem Spec