View Single Post
03 Mar 2010   #

Win 7
Upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kitji View Post
LOL, my instructions are so general sorry for misunderstanding..

1. Create an extra new partition and set it to minimum just for the iso file to fit in.
2. Extract the iso using ImgBurn to the new partition.
3. Go to disk management and right click on the new partition, click on mark as active.
4. Reboot

thats it, you will then be booted on the windows installation then just follow the instructions on how to install it..i think i made it
(this is for installing windows from x86 to x64 without any external devices)
I just purchased an ultra light laptop that does not have a cd drive. It came installed with Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to upgrade it to Windows 7 Ultimate for which I have an ISO image. I followed the instructions in this post and created a new partition. Then extracted the contents of if the Win7 installation ISO to the new partition. When I go into disk managment and right click on the new partition, the "mark as active" option is not an available option. This option only exists on the C drive which is where the current installation resides.

I need a way to boot to the new partion which contains the Win7 setup files so that I can upgrade.

Can you help? I dont understand why I dont have that the mark as active option as you described above.
My System SpecsSystem Spec