Good article ... so many have no idea that malware can be carried around in flash drive.
Download and Run FlashDisinfector
You may have a flash drive infection. These worms travel through your portable drives. If they have been connected to other machines, they may now be infected.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.
- Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
Note: Some security programs will flag Flash_Disinfector as being some sort of malware, you can safely ignore these warnings
- The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.