View Single Post
22 Mar 2010  
jac03

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Eset nod32 smart security

Hello to everyone. Directly to the point...here's my problem. I installed Eset Nod32 Smart Security 4 on my Windows 7 32x laptop and it works wonderfully. The issue is when I tried installing the 64x version on another laptop with Windows 7 64x.

What happened is that whenever I start up my computer, the Starting Windows screen with the glowing windows logo comes up normally but then, after a few seconds, it freezes there. The sounds from my computer notifies me that the User logon screen comes up and, when typing the password, the sound it makes tells me that I'm logged on, but the Starting Windows screen is still frozen there. I cannot see my desktop or my folders or anything, the Starting Windows screen stays frozen.

At first I thought it was a Windows update issue, I restored my computer to an earlier date and updated windows with no problems. Then, when I installed the Smart Security program again, the same thing happened. The Eset Nod32 Antivirus 4 for 64x OS works fine, I just can't update it, but that's a different issue. The problem is with the Smart Security program.

Does anybody out there have any ideas on why this happens?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec