View Single Post
05 Apr 2010  
gmansa

Windows 7

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gmansa View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by notsograymatter View Post
I've never seen an audio splitter driver. I'd say that your best bet is to split the audio outside of your computer via a hardware splitter. If you're using HDMI you're most likely going to have to find some sort of HDMI splitter and then a HDMI to 3.5mm jack converter.
Thanks, I have thought about that, but there must be some type of audio splitter, I cant be the first person trying to do this.

I'm probably reading this wrong but....

Instead of going hardware, why not use a software player (Like Winamp) that allows you to choose the output audio device driver.

I can set Winamp to play music from my M-Audio Audiophile, while Media Player plays a DVD with audio going out the default Realtek deivce.

Ap
Nope, you were reading it correct, I would mostly like to use this in Media Center but the reason I want to set this in Windows is so that it works like that in all applications. And I would like Media Center (or whatever other app) to play to more than one sound card at the same time. I cannot understand why it seems like I'm the first person trying to do this and why it's so hard. There has to be some sort of software based splitter out there...
My System SpecsSystem Spec