View Single Post
19 Apr 2010  
Nurmix

Windows 7 Professional

Custom keyboard shortcut key not working properly

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mediator View Post
After doing more research on this issue I have done this:

Another note: On the office computer it was just an upgrade but on the home computer it was a complete new format so that can be eliminated as a possible issue.

I would like to know if one of you guys having the same issue can resolve this by using a different user account as I did.

Same issue here - different user account or not.

Brand new system build, clean install of Win7 Pro. I used a bunch of these types of custom keyboard shortcuts on XP (to open apps, folders, frequently accessed documents), and they always worked. Now, I create them, and they work at first, and usually right after a reboot, but if the system is up for a while, they seem to stop working.

The weird thing is, not all of them stop working, and not always the same ones stop working. I can't see any pattern to it. It seems completely random. It's quite annoying to say the least.

I have some of the shortcuts "pinned" to the start menu, and some are hidden files/folders on the desktop. Some are activated with SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+[key], others with just CTRL+ALT+[key]. I just changed them all to CTRL+ALT+[key] to see if that makes a difference. I'll let you know...

My System SpecsSystem Spec