View Single Post
01 May 2010  
magamer

Windows XP

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by si8mon View Post
For my ASUS comp I press the Esc Key where a pop up menu comes up where I select to boot from CD/DVD. This is all before I boot into Windows.
that is my problem! I can't see this menu where it says press esc or whatever to boot from dvd

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Welcome to SF!

What happens when you try to boot? Try manually booting from the DVD, through use of the popup boot menu. Usually F11 or F12 during the POST.

Are you trying to install the 64 or 32 bit Windows 7? If you are trying to install the 32 bit version, you can boot up to XP, then run the setup.exe file found on the install disc.
the dvd is bootable because there is a boot directory in the installtion folder also it opens up when I insert it while I'm at windows.
I'm trying to install 64 bit version of windows 7 ultimate so I can't upgrade from my xp 32 bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
Welcome to SF!

Make sure you setup your burn to make the iso bin bootable from the DVD... GL
how so? I have the boot folder inside my installtion. is there any more deatiled information about this matter? I will much apprecaite it.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
Where did your windows 7 come from and what format was it when you burned it to the dvd?
it was iso.

edit: it dose not boot at another computer so it seems the problem from the dvd itself.
can any one direct me to make it bootable?

thanks in advance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec