Quote: Originally Posted by below20hz
I was having the same problem you were max (i needed the room on my 40gb SSD). so here's how I deleted it:
1) right-click hit "Properties"
2) click on "Security" tab
3) click on "Advanced" at the bottom
4) click on "owner" tab
5) click "Edit..." button
6) in the box where it says "change owner to", select yourself then hit "OK"
7) you'll get a message that says you'll need to close and reopen the properties to take control. hit "OK"
8) hit "ok" on all the windows you opened so far, you'll get a message that says something like it didn't do what you wanted to. but if you go back into properties, youl'll see you are the owner now, and you can delete the file.
hi below20hz thanks for that it didnt actually work for me but it did give me a lead to being able to delete it, its gone now at last so thumbs up