Thread: FLAC Metadata?
View Single Post
07 Jul 2010  
Svart Testare

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dw96 View Post
Can FLAC hold metadata? As in Album Art, Artist, Album, Compositor etc. ? I just ripped all my Linkin Park CD-s and they sound beautiful in FLAC, much better than MP3, but I can't seem to add any metadata to my files... Is there any plugin/add-on for Media Player to be able to read/write the metadata to flac-s? Please help, I'm really annoyed... I'm open to any solution...
Why using FLAC on Windows? Is there any reason for it? All lossless formats are exactly the same in quality, but native WMA Lossless has advantages when used on Windows:
WMA features full support for tagging (by WMP and many other programs like Tag&Rename, for example), native metadata indexing by Windows Search and sorting in Windows Explorer.
So, why using FLAC? Because it is the most popular format among pirated releases on trackers? I don't see any advantages in using FLAC (or any other lossless format) on Windows.
For me, each platform has its own native lossless format which is supported to the fullest: WMA Lossless on Windows and ALAC on MacOS. With them you will get the most of the metadata functionality on respective platforms, but not with FLAC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec