View Single Post
04 May 2009   #
jimwillsher

Win7 x64 RC 7100

Having read this thread I can see arguments for both options. Personally, I'm very relieved to have got my QL bar back!

With the QL bar I get quick access to my most-used apps, but without using up tons of space on the bar. I'm running 1920 x 1200 res on a HP laptop, and have room for 12 frequently-used applications in a QL bar that occupies less than one sixth of the total screen width.

Prior to running a backup or shutting down I can quickly tell that I have no applications running, and when I'm busy working beetween Photoshop and CorelDRAW I can quickly toggle between the applications. I can also have my Webmail client window open (minimized) and see the "0 new Messa.." text, allowing me to quickly see when new mail arrives.

With the taskband, none of this is possible.

To me, the Taskband (Taskbar) should show my what is RUNNING and the QL bar shows what I want to LAUNCH.

So, my setup: I now have a new toolbar at the left for my QL icons, and I've set the Taskbar to show things like they used to be shown in Vista and XP and 2000 and 98 and ME and 2003 and 2008.......

See attachment.

I'm not preaching, and saying one way is better than the other. But for me the QL is vital, and the taskbar is exactly that, to show running tasks.

Just my 2p....

Jim

Attached Thumbnails
-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec