Thread: Solved BSOD and BCCode 124
View Single Post
17 Jul 2010  
rebelagentm

Windows 7 Professional

Any other thoughts?

A user on another forum is insisting that, based on my minidump files, that this is a CPU and/or motherboard problem and that re-installing Windows will not do any good.

I want to know what the best course of action would be. Should I try the re-install and one-by-one try adding programs? Since these BSODs only occur every other day or so, it would take months to do a one at a time approach of re-installing the OS and programs to see if they cause an issue.

On the other hand, Intel says that I need to remove the processor and try it out in a different system to see if the same issue occurs. They say that this is necessary to avoid wasting time and money because they will not give me an exchange if they test the proc and it turns out to be O.K.

Unfortunately, I don't have another system to test on, which means I would probably have to pay some computer shop to do the work.

Basically, I don't have tons of time and money to be working on this, but I need this computer for day-to-day work.

I know its probably time consuming, but if there is someone out there that has the time, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could assist me in pinpointing the exact cause of these problems.

Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec