View Single Post
18 Jul 2010  
evolution83

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
This is a video card error. Please see this article: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...eshooting.html

If playing around with the drivers didn't help, I wonder if it is a physically failing card. Do you have another card you can test?
No, no other video card I can use. Where do I find the log files for the tests in furmark? I don't see them anywhere...(I quit the test when the temp reached the max, but saw no results)

I think the card is failing. If I turn the PC on after it's been off for a while, graphics and navigating the system are fine with no slowdown. After several minutes, anything that requires heavy use of the card starts to slow to a crawl.

Also, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this way, but when I ran that Furmark test, the rotating image was extremely slow. I only got about 1-2 frames a second.

*EDIT*

I re-ran the test again and it failed immediately. At this point I'm concluding the card is failing and time for yet another replacement. Hmm, should I buy a Mac at this point? lol

My System SpecsSystem Spec