View Single Post
01 Aug 2010  
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kjell View Post
Hi there,

I recently installed windows 7 on my laptop and it repeatedly shows "not responding" next to the title and freezes temporarily. I have tried different Anti-Virus programs and re-indexing but to no avail.

I read that I should check my registry so I downloaded Auslogics Registry Cleaner and ran it. It found and fixed 145/146 of registry errors. The only error left is:

Problem, Severity, Category
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D5E8041D-920F-45e9-B8FB-B1DEB82C6E5E}\, High, Empty, unused registry key.

Anyone have any suggestions for whether or not this is causing the freezes and/or what else to try in order to fix them?

Thanks
Kjell

That is not what is causing the freezing. By remote chance do you have a backup from before the problem started?

If not please check event viewer for error messages
There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Let us know if you need help with any of this.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec