View Single Post
06 Aug 2010  
Vocalpoint

Windows 7 Professional SP1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cluberti View Post
I have a "high performance" machine that wakes up periodically to update media center and run a few scheduled tasks, and it always goes back to sleep within a few minutes of the last task's completions. I believe you when you say your box won't go to sleep, but I am running the same OS code as you and mine does. The only difference between our machines is likely to be drivers...

It's only by design if YOU wake the machine (or the computer thinks you did). If you wake it via the keyboard, mouse, or power button, technically that's a user wake and the sleep timer is reset. If an application or service did the waking, it SHOULD go back to sleep (as my box does), and not honor anything about the power plan. Only user-initiated events will keep the system awake on High Performance / Sleep after: never, so it'd be interesting if you ran powercfg -lastwake after your machine wakes and won't go back to sleep to see what actually woke the box. Technically, if your box was woken and won't go to sleep, that should be a user event like the mouse, a keyboard, or the power button as the reason.

There is also a powercfg command (that MS should have had you run) that can determine if anything would keep your box from sleeping as well after a wake event, powercfg -requests.
AWESOME!

You are truly the first person I have come across that has shown me the "way" on this. Could you list your hardware specs...I really really want to solve this issue and if there is a way to do it - I am willing to try.

Does your machine go back to sleep after 120 seconds - post an "unattended" wake-up...like a program guide update or Windows Update?

If you provide some specs on what you are running - I would really appreciate it.

Cheers!

VP
My System SpecsSystem Spec