View Single Post
06 Aug 2010  
cluberti

Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vocalpoint View Post
Finally solved. I would like to thank MS Support for being about as far away from a solution as humanly possible....and to cluberti for showing me that all is not as it seems - and especially that -requests command.
Good to hear, although if you talked to an outsourcer (personal support), most of those folks don't even work for MS, so it's not surprising they have no clue how the product works. Unless you've got hours to use under a premier support contract or are willing to pay $300 for a standard professional incident to talk to a premier support engineer without one, you're going to get someone with a v- or a- alias (aka, contractor) who has little access to Microsoft resources to help you figure it out. If you pay the professional incident fee, or call under a premier agreement, you have access to FTE employees, both frontline and their escalation engineers if things get tricky. Basically, you're getting access to the premier support folks with a professional incident, and the SEs and EEs will have access to source code, the product groups, etc - and most of those folks have many years of working with their products 24/7/365 (rather than the v-/a- outsourcers, who probably had a week or two of training and then were thrown to the wolves).

Trust me on this, I've got lots of experience with MS support - pay the fee if it's really something you want fixed and the personal support folks aren't giving you any help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec