Restore Default Favorites Links in Navigation Pane of Windows 7 and Windows 8
EXAMPLE: Default Favorites
This will show you how to restore the default Desktop, Downloads, and Recent Places links in Favorites in the navigation paneof Windows 7 and Windows 8.
To Use "Restore favorite links" Context Menu Item
1. Open Windows Explorer (Windows 7) or File Explorer (Windows 8/8.1).
2. Right click on Favorites in the navigation pane, and click on Restore favorite links. (see screenshot below)
To Download and Manually Restore Default Favorite Links
1. Click/tap on the download button below to download the favorite link(s) that you are missing
A) Desktop2. Save the .zip file(s) to your Desktop.
C) Recent Places
3. Right click or press and hold on each of the downloaded .zip files, click/tap on Extract all, then extract the favorite link to your Desktop.
4. Unblock the extracted favorite link.
5. In Explorer navigate to your C:\Users\(user-name)\Links folder. (see screenshot below)
6. Cut and Paste (move) the extracted favorite links to inside the C:\Users\(user-name)\Links folder. (see screenshot above)