The very best qualified to answer you question work for ACER.
You choices are 1) ask them,
2) just do it (which assuming you dp not interrrupt the procedure and do no power off you computer unless the program tells you to power off.
If that was mine, I would
- disconnect all usb devices,
- remove all cd/dvd discs,
- disconnect from the internet,
- disconnect from any local net,
- disconnect form any router,
- exit from all programs that are running,
- TURN OFF MY ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM,
- disconnect any printers,
- disconnect any and everything.
You get the idea, then and only then, would I run the bios update.