View Single Post
25 Aug 2010  
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpl34 View Post
Lately my computer has been receiving the blue screen of death. It only seems to happen when my computer has been left idle for approx. 10min then the blue screen will pop up it will dump the memory and reset it self. It has been occurring for the past 2 weeks, I believe it has something to do with my 2.5" external harddrive. Every once and a while i'll be able to correctly eject the hard drive and the error will stop but usually after plugging in or ejecting the hard drive will cause the error to begin again.

I have no idea why this is happening and would love some help, I have provided some useful information below... cheers,

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 5129

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8B5D35EE
BCP3: 9FCFCB10
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
We really need the actual DMP file.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

edit: even without seeing the DMP the first parameter is a memory exception. I can tell you more after I see the DMP but test your memory

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec