Hi - I am trying to configure Apache on W7 machine, Please help in fixing a configuration issue.
- IIS is not installed in my system and Port 80 is free before installing Apache
- I installed Apache in "D:\Apache" and installation suceeded
- Apache startes and running fine. Now Port 80 is in use by httpd.exe
on IE shows Apache Index page which means Apache installation is proper and Apache is running fine
- I have configured my router for Port Forwarding to forward HTTP calls to local machine (192.168.1.2:80)
- Now while I am trying to access my Apache server page through Internet from another machine , page is not loading.
- Diagnostics shows that - website() is online but isn't responsding to connection attaempts
- I have tried disabling Firewall
, adding Inbound/Outbound rules to ensure that port 80 is not locked.
- No anti virus.
- After this I tried installing ISS
on this mahcine and configured everything. again http://localhost
shows IIS page but when I am trying to aceess it through internet no response.
-> I did follow the same configuration steps on a System with VISTA and it works fine
. I am able to view the web page through internet from any PC. But same software installed by following same procedure is not working on Windows7
Please help me in resolving this issue.