View Single Post
13 May 2009  
napilopez

Windows 7 Build 7077 x64

Hey hey, why all the logo hate? Honestly, I think it convey what windows 7 is perfectly from an artistic standpoint, although I don't know whether it is real or not obviously.

Honestly, its obvious they're going to highlight the "7", how much more can they actually do with a 7? I think a "Bolder" larger Seven would not represent the OS at all... 7 isn't an incredibly bold operating. It's an operating system that's pretty and is just there. It flows nicely. Also, the exclusion of the word "Windows" in the logo further helps differentiate the product from vista and all the negativity.

Personally, I can't see the logo being much better. This would also fit their logon screen design scheme. The logo is simple, and it works, like the OS =P.

I think that logo will probably be used moreso for packaging and the like though. Not for like TV ads. For those I expect it to maybe incorporate this design somehow through some light ray animations, but also include the word "Windows" in there somewhere, just so they know its an operating system.

Also, "bright" is kinda Microsoft's thing right now. I mean, have you not seen the 7 Shell UI and logon screen? It's all uber bright XD.

Ahh i really wish MS would include more Aero themes, like for window borders and such. That would truly help it differentiate the product.

EDIT: OH SNAP

Haha, I just noticed that if you look closely, you'll see that the 7 in the logo is pretty much in the exact shape of one of the corners of the flag in the Windows logo XD. That's quite the smart design touch. Lol this makes me think even more now that it's official.
My System SpecsSystem Spec