|13 Aug 2010||#1|
| || |
Windows 7 always boots into System Recovery Options
Recently I activated Windows 7 installation. After restart, I was getting the message "BOOTMGR is compressed. Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart". I downloaded the Windows Recovery iso from Neosmart site and burned it onto a CD. I booted off the CD and some how came to the mini explorer window (dialog that comes when windows tells us to open a file) from where I right clicked the C: drive and unchecked option "Compress to save space". After this step, the BOOTMGR message was gone but now my Windows 7 always boots into System Recovery Options no matter what ... From Safe mode, after removing Recovery CD etc etc. I just cant make it boot from C:\.
** I can see that Recovery CD may have created a Bootable drive called Boot (X on my hard drive. I cannot delete this drive as I guess my system always boots from X:. (I get message that cannot delete as the drive is being is in use). **
Please help me get back my system. I have Google-ed for solution but none seem to work.
Thanks in advance,
|My System Specs|
|13 Aug 2010||#2|
| || |
It sounds like the master boot record was damaged. If you have an installation disc or can obtain on from a friend (version does not matter) you can use this tutorial: MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record
If you can't obtain a disc, I would give this one a try: MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record, and use the Repair Your Computer option.
|My System Specs|
|14 Aug 2010||#6|
| || |
Download and burn Hirens' BootCD .... there are several MBR utilities that should be able to resolve your problem
MBR (Master Boot Record) Tools
- BellaVista 188.8.131.52: Formerly BCD Editor with lots of options to configure Windows for a developer (Windows Freeware).
- Boot Partition 2.60: add Partition in the Windows NT/2000/XP Multi-boot loader (Dos Freeware).
- BootFix Utility: Run this utility if you get 'Invalid system disk' message (Dos Freeware).
- BootICE 0.78: a boot sector manipulation utility (Windows Freeware).
- BootSect 6.0.6: Boot Sector Manipulation Tool, This tool replaces FixFAT.exe and FixNTFS.exe (Windows Freeware).
- DiskMan 4.2: all in one tool for cmos, bios, bootrecord and more (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- Grub4Dos installer 1.1: an universal boot loader GRUB for DOS installer (Windows Freeware).
- HDHacker 1.4: Load/Save/View MBR and BootSector from a physical/logical drive (Windows Freeware).
- MBR SAVE / RESTORE 2.1: BootSave and BootRest tools to save / restore MBR (Dos Freeware).
- MBR Utility 1.05: to manipulate a drive's master boot record (MBR) via the command line (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- MBRTool 2.3.200: backup, verify, restore, edit, refresh, remove, display, re-write and more (Dos Freeware).
- MBRWizard 3.0.65: Directly update and modify the Master Boot Record (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- MBRWork 1.08: a utility to perform some common and uncommon MBR functions (Dos Freeware).
- MbrFix 1.3: to backup, restore, fix the boot code in the MBR (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- MemDisk 4.02: to allow booting legacy operating systems, floppy images, hard disk images and some ISO images (Linux Freeware).
- PLoP Boot Manager 5.0.10: a small program to boot different operating systems harddisk, floppy, CD/DVD or from USB, it can boot from an USB/CD/DVD even without BIOS support (Linux Freeware).
- Smart Boot Manager 3.7.1: a multi boot manager (Dos Freeware).
- grub4dos 2010-08-04: an universal boot loader based on GNU GRUB, can boot off DOS/LINUX or via Windows boot manager/syslinux/lilo or from MBR/CD, builtin BIOS disk emulation (Linux Freeware).
- isolinux 4.02: a boot loader for Linux/i386 that operates off ISO 9660/El Torito CD-ROMs in 'no emulation' mode (Linux Freeware).
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 always boots into System Recovery Options|
|System Recovery Options||Tutorials|
|INF file needed for Windows 7 System Recovery Options to see HDD.||Backup and Restore|
|Windows 7 cannot boot System Recovery Options||Performance & Maintenance|
|System recovery options searching for windows installation not working||BSOD Help and Support|
|System recovery options screen stals, cant select options||BSOD Help and Support|
|Windows 7 Won't Start-Up (SYSTEM RECOVERY OPTIONS)||Installation & Setup|
|Windows 7 Won't Start-Up (SYSTEM RECOVERY OPTIONS)||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.