EDIT....Please mark this tread as solved
Well, this all started on the 16th when an update for Silverlight got "stuck" and after 2 hours of the update running, I had to reboot the machine. When I tried to use my System restore it started giving me the "Could not restore, nothing has been changed" message Error 0xc0000022.
Investigating the logs, I found that I was also getting TransactionManager cannot advance log due to the update being "in stasis' so to speak. I tracked down the offending update package and deleted it, still the same with Sys Rest.
So far I have tried:
Googling the hell out of it, SFC / SCANNOW, MicrosoftFixit50202 (passive mode), Deleting Silverlight with Revo, Shutting off Sys Rest and purging the restore points & rebooting & then turning it back on, and some praying and crossing my fingers. So far, nothing.
The first logs had this for the data which makes me think Update Agent is still trying to update the failed update.
I'm open to a repair install if need be, but prefer to save that for the last ditch effort. I'm wondering if there's some way to "reset" the updater and clear out all the current updates that may be pending. Or uninstall it & reinstall it.
Anyone had any problems like this or have any thoughts? I would appreciate it lots.
Here are the Logs I'm seeing in the event viewer for the most recent one:
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore: (after passive update run). Additional information: 0xc0000022. System - Provider
] System Restore - EventID
] 0 Level
0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated
] 2010-12-22T17:49:59.000000000Z EventRecordID
PC Security - EventData
after passive update run
00000000C20800009408000000000000CBC8392507000000000000000000000000000000 Binary data:
In Words 0000: 00000000 000008C2 00000894 00000000
0008: 2539C8CB 00000007 00000000 00000000
In Bytes 0000: 00 00 00 00 C2 08 00 00 ....Â...
0008: 94 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 ”.......
0010: CB C8 39 25 07 00 00 00 ËÈ9%....
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 ....
<Provider Name="System Restore
<Data>after passive update run</Data>
BTW....everything else seems to be working great.