Have not been able to successfully do a Restore for several months (maybe never ... first tried several months ago).
The Event viewer (Custom -> Administrative) shows an error every time with a code of 8206
I have tried:
- SFC /scannow ... no errors
- chkdsk .... no errors
- made sure 'Volume shadow copy service' is running
- turned off firewall/antivirus software (avast) ... no joy
- rebuilt Windows Management Instrumentation
- troubleshooting via the MS 'clean boot' procedure
... but nothing helps. Anyone have a suggestion where to go from here?
(Dell Inspiron 545 desktop, Win 7 Home Premium - 64 bit, 6 Gb Ram, 450 Gb HDD - 285 Gb free ... upgraded from Vista before using)