Had the same problem, here is how I solved it. My OS is Windows 7, so here are the steps to do it:
1. go to Start ant type msconfig in the “Search programs and files” box, hit Enter key
2. go to Boot tab and check “Safe boot”, make sure “Minimal” si also checked, hit Apply and then OK. Now restart your computer
After your computer has restarted (it starts in a safe mode actually), do the following:
1. go to Start and type msconfig in the “Search programs and files” box, hit Enter key
2. go to Boot tab and uncheck “Safe boot”
3. go to the Startup tab and disable all startup items by hitting the “Disable all” button
4. go to the Services tab and check “Hide all Microsoft services” then disable all services (besides the Microsoft services) that run on system boot by hitting the “Disable all” button.
5. Hit Apply and then OK. DON’T restart the computer now
6. go to Start ant type services.msc in the “Search programs and files” box, hit Enter key
7. go to “Volume Shadow Copy” service, right click, select Properties, select “Automatic” from the “Startup type” drop-box.
8. Restart your computer
Now you should be good to go for the System Restore.
If you want to undo your last System Restore later on, you will have to follow all the steps again. This is of course normal because, after the System Restore, your system returns to the settings that were saved in that specific restore point that you just restored.