System Restore unknown error 0x80070057 in eventlog.
My windows 7 home premium x64 is in Dutch so maybe I translate some error messages wrong!
-system restore points are created succesfully (no errors) and I can restore files to "Previous versions"
When doing a system restore to any previous restore point it says something (in dutch) like "initializing system restore" and after some seconds it reboots. System boots succesfully. But when logging in something like "system restore failed when scanning file system C. The disk may be corrupt. Perform chkdsk/R and try system restore again". See attached screenshot
- chkdsk /r /f C: => no problems found
- all restore points fail even new restore points
- removed all restore points on all disks. disabled restore points on all volumes. enabled restore points.
- same problem in "safe mode"
- Same problem in recovery console (F8 at boot, system recovery or something like that)
- restored system image using windows backup (2 weeks old). Same problem. don't have any other backups.
AFAIK recovery console has it's own mini operating system so doesn't use any other files on C-drive, is that correct?
-C drive problem? shadowset problem?