I love Microsoft Outlook 2010 but as with all Microsoft applications over the years they don't make it easy for use EU (End Users) to export their profiles... in fact there isnt an option to do so. Picture this, you have a new machine and/or you have build a new rig and you want to transfer all your profiles over to your new machine.
Option one will be to sit there for an our or two and type all your email accounts all over again and then copy your PST files back to the outlook folder and all your emails are back again. Well there is an easier way to accomplish this without even typing a single email account. How is this possible, well it's a simple registry hack which I shall show you now below. Warning if you are not moving email accounts to another machine or a new machine, and you're just re-imaging your computer, then I strongly recommend you backup your registry first.
- Click on Start>Run and then type in Regedit and Press OK
A standard message will come up asking if you want this program to make changes in this case we shall say Yes
- Once the Registry has opened you will notice on the left side there are a number or tree menus... We want to concentrate on HKEY-CURRENT_USER
- Click on the arrow to the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles and then just basically follow through the above path until you come to your Microsoft Out Look Profiles
- Now right click on the profiles and then export them onto a pen drive will be easier and faster to transfer to your new machine. On your new machine with Microsoft Outlook 2010 installed just click on the exported profile and this will be added to the registry.
- Now open Control Panel and then open User Account and select Mail you will now see all you profiles and email account have been added to your new computer... All you need to do now is copy the Outlook folder from My Documents on your old machine and then copy these to your new machine and open Microsoft Outlook 2010 and all your email accounts will be there ready without your even typing in a single email account.