Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Macrium Reflect


30 Aug 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 
Macrium Reflect

I have Macrium and have restored with it a couple of times with no problem. What I am wondering is that if my HD were fried and I had to get a new one, would Macrium backup to a new formated drive just as easy?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Aug 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

In my experience yes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2011   #3
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

As long as you have imaged the OS (Boot) partition the answer is yes.
Even if you had, but lost the system reserved, it can be recreated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Aug 2011   #4

Win 7 Ultimate (64-bit), Win 8.1.1 (64-bit)
 
 

If you get the paid version of Macrium it can clone an existing drive to new drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2011   #5
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by strollin View Post
If you get the paid version of Macrium it can clone an existing drive to new drive.
The word "clone" has a lot to answer for. Why clone when you can do the job faster and much more efficiently with imaging.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2011   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
As long as you have imaged the OS (Boot) partition the answer is yes.
Even if you had, but lost the system reserved, it can be recreated.
Are you speaking of the 100 MB partition? My drive doesn't have one. I have however imaged the entire C: partition. That should have what I would need, don't you think?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2011   #7
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
As long as you have imaged the OS (Boot) partition the answer is yes.
Even if you had, but lost the system reserved, it can be recreated.
Are you speaking of the 100 MB partition? My drive doesn't have one. I have however imaged the entire C: partition. That should have what I would need, don't you think?
Yes, my reference to system reserved was the 100MB partition.
If C: is (system,active,Boot...) that should be all you need.

If you have a spare $50 stick a new HDD in and try it. Pick a HDD the same size as the one you have or larger.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2011   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post

If you have a spare $50 stick a new HDD in and try it. Pick a HDD the same size as the one you have or larger.
I don't believe I have any spare money laying around, but I have heard that you folks "down under" are all wealthy. Let me give you my address and you can mail me a check.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2011   #9
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post

If you have a spare $50 stick a new HDD in and try it. Pick a HDD the same size as the one you have or larger.
I don't believe I have any spare money laying around, but I have heard that you folks "down under" are all wealthy. Let me give you my address and you can mail me a check.
We have cheques and they're all overdrawn. We're part of the global village mess.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2011   #10

Win 7 Ultimate (64-bit), Win 8.1.1 (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by strollin View Post
If you get the paid version of Macrium it can clone an existing drive to new drive.
The word "clone" has a lot to answer for. Why clone when you can do the job faster and much more efficiently with imaging.
Image and restore is a 2 step process whereas clone is a 1 step process. How is a 2 step process faster and more efficient? Why do you think the clone option is only provided in the paid version of MR? Could it be a desired feature that some people are willing to pay for?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Macrium Reflect




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Macrium Reflect
Thread Forum
Macrium Reflect to new HD? Backup and Restore
Help with Macrium Reflect Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect. Backup and Restore
Solved Macrium Reflect Pro Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect Backup and Restore

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33