Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Constant System Restore Error - Windows 7 Ultimate RTM

04 Aug 2009   #1

Windows 7 RTM
 
 
Constant System Restore Error - Windows 7 Ultimate RTM

Hey guys and gals,

I am new to the forum, (please be gentle), so I wanted to start off, 1st, by saying Hello to everyone out there, and in here.

Now on to the issue I have run into.

** I am currently running WIN 7 Ultimate 64 Bit RTM **

Every single time I try to use system restore, it comes back with the exact same error, on reboot:

{"System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details:

Unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0xc0000043)"}


I have tried different system restore points, (within Windows), but it does not seem to fix the issue.

I have also tried disabling my security software, (KIS 2010), and that doesn't seem to help either.

The puzzling thing is that when I run system restore in safe mode it seems to work no problem, but it just will not work within windows itself, (normal boot).


Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Aug 2009   #2

vista x64
 
 

Welcome to the forum,

You may want to run sfc /scannow this will scan all your system file integrity and replace damaged/changed or missing files.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Or a repair install Repair Install

Hope this helps and good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2009   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro Preview with Media Center
 
 

Hello paranoid. Try first the sfc like Sammy here above told you. It is a mighty tool, capable to fix several system errors.

If nothing helps and you are not able to do system restore, you could completely disable system restore, reboot and then enable it again. Has worked for me, a big minus is though that doing this you lose all previous restore points.

But, listen to Sammy, do sfc /scannow first.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Aug 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paranoid365 View Post
Hey guys and gals,

I am new to the forum, (please be gentle), so I wanted to start off, 1st, by saying Hello to everyone out there, and in here.

Now on to the issue I have run into.

** I am currently running WIN 7 Ultimate 64 Bit RTM **

Every single time I try to use system restore, it comes back with the exact same error, on reboot:

{"System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details:

Unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0xc0000043)"}


I have tried different system restore points, (within Windows), but it does not seem to fix the issue.

I have also tried disabling my security software, (KIS 2010), and that doesn't seem to help either.

The puzzling thing is that when I run system restore in safe mode it seems to work no problem, but it just will not work within windows itself, (normal boot).


Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
Hi and welcome to seven forums

the error code is a failure to initialize error. there is something in a normal boot preventing its launch, hence it working in safe mode. You want to gointo event viewer (type event viewer in search) and look for errors related to the problem. If ther are could you upload them to us? use the paperclip icon in reply to attach the errors, and you can use the snipping tool (yeah type snipping tool in search) to make a snip of them

Hope this helps and again welcome

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #5

Windows 7 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Welcome to the forum,

You may want to run sfc /scannow this will scan all your system file integrity and replace damaged/changed or missing files.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Or a repair install Repair Install

Hope this helps and good luck
Hey Sammy, thanks for the quick reply. I went ahead and ran the sfc /scannow, and it came back with no issues.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Hello paranoid. Try first the sfc like Sammy here above told you. It is a mighty tool, capable to fix several system errors.

If nothing helps and you are not able to do system restore, you could completely disable system restore, reboot and then enable it again. Has worked for me, a big minus is though that doing this you lose all previous restore points.

But, listen to Sammy, do sfc /scannow first.

Kari
Hey Kari, thanks for the quick reply, but I am going to use your suggestion as a last resort, since I would like to try and keep my restore points.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Hi and welcome to seven forums

the error code is a failure to initialize error. there is something in a normal boot preventing its launch, hence it working in safe mode. You want to gointo event viewer (type event viewer in search) and look for errors related to the problem. If ther are could you upload them to us? use the paperclip icon in reply to attach the errors, and you can use the snipping tool (yeah type snipping tool in search) to make a snip of them

Hope this helps and again welcome

Ken
Hey zigzag3143, thanks for the quick reply also. I will go ahead and upload the screens you requested.





Attached Thumbnails
Constant System Restore Error - Windows 7 Ultimate RTM-8.4.2009-1.02.23-pm.png   Constant System Restore Error - Windows 7 Ultimate RTM-8.4.2009-1.16.32-pm.png   Constant System Restore Error - Windows 7 Ultimate RTM-8.4.2009-3.26.35-am.png   Constant System Restore Error - Windows 7 Ultimate RTM-8_4_2009-12_16_09-am.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #6

Windows 7 RTM
 
 

Just wondering if anyone had a chance to look over my error screens??

Thanx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2010   #7

windows 7 64
 
 
thnx

thanx 4 sharing ur xperience bor...it worked for me...
regards from india
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Constant System Restore Error - Windows 7 Ultimate RTM





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Constant System Restore Error - Windows 7 Ultimate RTM
Thread Forum
Error with System Restore Configuration in Windows 7 Backup and Restore
Cmd error when running system restore - Also cant run windows install General Discussion
Windows 7 Ultimate system restore has NEVER worked. Backup and Restore
Solved Windows 7 System Image restore Error 0x8078012D Backup and Restore
Solved System Restore Error 0x80070057 when running from Windows RE Backup and Restore
Error Windows System Restore Backup and Restore
System Restore- restore point creation error Backup and Restore

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33