OK, I have to admit I am confused on my first attempt at a backup using Macrium reflect.
1) please take a look at the attached screenshot to see how my drives are configured
2) Neither of the WD external drives will be backed up, so I know I need to uncheck those boxes. the 3tb drive is what will store the backups. I realize I must choose that as the destination.
3) on my internal physical 1 tb c:drive, windows is loaded on it and all my programs, drivers
and some data is also on this physical disc.
4) the Internal seagate drive 2 tb stores all my other data.
5) My objective is that I want everything backed up, windows, programs, data,... everything... so if my c drive or anyother drive fails, I can restore and not lose anything or have to reload programs/plugins ect.
So here is where I am confused and my questions
1) You have 2 options..." Image all local drives on this computer" or "create an image of the partitions required to back up an restore windows
2) I choose the second option, create an image ...to back up windows. The wizard only really showed my c:drive and the partitions associated with it. It made a backup that was successful.
1) What I am not sure about is did this image I just created (when choosing the 2nd option) JUST do the windows files and nothing else on the c:drive ? Were my programs and other data imaged as well.
2) Am I now supposed to choose the first option (which brings up all the drives) and should I keep the c:drive and system stuff selected along with the other drives I want to back up?
I was hoping that you would just pick an option and it would back up everything that you have selected INCLUDING all windows files to reload the operating system. But it appears that you need to make 2 images each time you want to do a back up.
Any help in clarifying my misunderstandings using this program would be appreciated - Carl