Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Very Strange - Windows 7 Backup/Network Error

07 Aug 2009   #1
flub

Windows 7
 
 
Very Strange - Windows 7 Backup/Network Error

Ok here is my situation.

3 PC's all running Windows 7 Ultimate

1 Desktop connection via wire to router
2 Laptops connected via Wireless (Linksys wrg54g)

All 3 PC's are visible on all 3 PC's via the Homegroup in Windows Explorer. I can browse/copy/write files on all 3. All sweet. All 3 can print to the 2 Printers connected to the Desktop.

Laptop A is configured to Backup using the Windows 7 Backup to the Desktop. This works fine.
Laptop B however when trying to backup to the desktop I get an error message after I have selected the Drive in the setup screen and I've entered my username/password credentials

The error code is 0x80070043

I've tried everything and I'm quite experienced.

Both laptops for all intents and purposes are identical.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Aug 2009   #2
Sassa

 
 

Try to backup laptop B on different partition than laptop A...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #3
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flub View Post
Ok here is my situation.

3 PC's all running Windows 7 Ultimate

1 Desktop connection via wire to router
2 Laptops connected via Wireless (Linksys wrg54g)

All 3 PC's are visible on all 3 PC's via the Homegroup in Windows Explorer. I can browse/copy/write files on all 3. All sweet. All 3 can print to the 2 Printers connected to the Desktop.

Laptop A is configured to Backup using the Windows 7 Backup to the Desktop. This works fine.
Laptop B however when trying to backup to the desktop I get an error message after I have selected the Drive in the setup screen and I've entered my username/password credentials

The error code is 0x80070043

I've tried everything and I'm quite experienced.

Both laptops for all intents and purposes are identical.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Flub

I would bet its a uid/password problem because that error is an un-able to connect message. Its here Unable to connect to server...error code 0x80070043

Have you tried connecting without firewall, and or password. Browser and copy may be ok on one port and backup maynot on another.

Could we get some more info ab the networking setup, ie wep/wpa, shares, etc.

Hope this helps

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Aug 2009   #4
flub

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sassa View Post
Try to backup laptop B on different partition than laptop A...
Thanks, tried that, same error
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #5
Sassa

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flub View Post
Thanks, tried that, same error
That worked for me, try zigzag's solution
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #6
flub

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Flub

I would bet its a uid/password problem because that error is an un-able to connect message. Its here Unable to connect to server...error code 0x80070043

Have you tried connecting without firewall, and or password. Browser and copy may be ok on one port and backup maynot on another.

Could we get some more info ab the networking setup, ie wep/wpa, shares, etc.

Hope this helps

Ken
Hey Ken,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I disabled the Firewall and I still get the same problem I'm afraid.

Both Laptops use WPA-Personal (TKIP).

I have a J: Drive on the Desktop which was shared simply by right-clicking and then Share with Homegroup (Read/Write).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #7
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flub View Post
Hey Ken,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I disabled the Firewall and I still get the same problem I'm afraid.

Both Laptops use WPA-Personal (TKIP).

I have a J: Drive on the Desktop which was shared simply by right-clicking and then Share with Homegroup (Read/Write).
Hi Flub,

Are you backing up the 2nd laptop to the same location (folder) as the 1st?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #8
flub

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
Hi Flub,

Are you backing up the 2nd laptop to the same location (folder) as the 1st?
Yes I am, but I tried to another partition as well as that did not work either
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #9
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

The error message literally means:

0x80070043 = the network name cannot be found

Do all three PC's have equal network name?

In XP days that would be a stupid question since it required the names to be equal.

Win7 however can access resources on computers with different networknames, through homenetwork.


Another question.

How do your laptops logon to the desktop. (username, admin?, rights?)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #10
flub

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
The error message literally means:

0x80070043 = the network name cannot be found

Do all three PC's have equal network name?

In XP days that would be a stupid question since it required the names to be equal.

Win7 however can access resources on computers with different networknames, through homenetwork.


Another question.

How do your laptops logon to the desktop. (username, admin?, rights?)
Yep, all 3 computers are part of a networked called "HOMENETWORK".

All 3 logon onto their own PC's with Username and Passwords with Admin rights)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Very Strange - Windows 7 Backup/Network Error




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Strange windows error 0xc0000225
First of all, hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster I've come up against an issue that I can't solve and none of the other threads with this error code have helped me either. First some background. I installed Windows 8 to give it a try but after few days decided that I really...
General Discussion
Very strange problem connecting to network drives / network.
So im at a complete loss here.... I have a windows 7 pro x86 computer that out of the blue stopped connecting to its network drives. I tried a few things like flushing the dns, re-registering, new IP finally I decided to rejoin it to the domain, big mistake. The computer couldn't contact the...
Network & Sharing
Strange network problem with XP/Windows 7
Hi, This is my first post so please go easy on me but I really hope someone on here will be able to help with my problem. I have a wired router that connects to the phone line and into this I have plugged in a wireless router that I have inherited. The wireless router can only receive a cable...
Network & Sharing
Very Strange Windows Live Network Problem
Couple Days , I bought a Netgear wndr3700, Has the newest firmware. UNPN Enabled. I noticed that Windows Live Messenger would no longer sign in automatically. It wouldn't even attempt. To fix I would have to open the window and hit the "sign in button" So after searching for a fix online, I wasn't...
Network & Sharing
Very strange windows 7 error
so after a failed attempt to restart the system, i held the power botton on the tower for 5 sec and it turned off. now the system constantly gets stuck on programs. cant index correct(directories) for example, if i want to open cpu-z, it gets stuck at the 3rd bar if i want to open...
General Discussion
Windows 7 able to backup data on a network
Windows Complete PC Backup is a feature available in Windows Vista Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions that allows users to completely restore their PC environment including the operating system, installed programs, user settings, and data files. The feature in Windows Vista was limited to...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App