[This is kinda related to HDs,
so I hope this is the right place to post]
Hi all, here's my problem:
1) I have a PC running Windows 7 with 3 HDs(not partition, different HDs).
2) I used Windows 7 to create an image of the OS HD(C
and placed it in D.
3) I used the image once or twice so I know it's a god image, and it's not corrupted.
4) Lately I've been having performence/computer-gets-stuck-issues and I
suspected the HD(C
because my RAM is fine, and finally windows alreted my that that HD
is failing.(plus, I can hear "ticks" of the HD's nittle trying to read whenever the computer got frozen for a sec or two.
5) I replaced the HD that was C: with a new one, and installed Windows 7 again.
6) Tried to restore using the image and the recorery system said that it needs to format
the drive that it's on(makes sense) and ordered me to perform the restore through
the windows installation disk,
7)I did. but I get a similiar error that ordered me to restore with an image but using a windows
installation disk(and I got to this error using the instllation disk)
How can I make the image work?
the only problem I can see is that the image was taken off a a different HD
than the on I'm trying to restore the image to,
but still that's not a good reason for it not to work.
Thx in advance, ZBBZ