|28 Dec 2011||#1|
How do I back up a memory card with Clonezilla?
I have a Fujitsu tablet-pc running Windows 7. I installed a 32GB memory card in the tablet. Clonezilla can make an excellent backup copy of the tablet's C drive, but how can I use Clonezilla to make a backup of the memory card?
When I run Clonezilla, it doesn't see the memory card at all, so that when I have to choose what I want to back up, the only option that appears is the C drive.
|My System Specs|
|28 Dec 2011||#3|
Thank you. Such a logical solution. I feel kind of stupid that I didn't think of it myself. Here's how I implemented your suggestion:
1. I connected a 500 GB external HD to my PC.
2. Since the tablet is on my home network, I accessed the tablet through my PC.
3. The flash card is shared, so it was visible on the PC monitor.
4. Because the external HD was also visible on the monitor, I just dragged the contents of the flash card to the external HD.
5. In a few minutes the copy was complete. No need for Clonezilla, and no need to compress the contents of the flash card, because the external HD is so large.
Again, many thanks for your logical, simple, and brilliant solution!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: How do I back up a memory card with Clonezilla?|
|Does Clonezilla remove everything in the old disk when restoring?||Backup and Restore|
|Problem creating bootable cd to use Clonezilla||General Discussion|
|BSOD after installing new memory, but memtest comes back all passed?||BSOD Help and Support|
|How to install memory from a dvd-r back into PC?||Backup and Restore|
|Clonezilla - cloning a drive to a partition||Performance & Maintenance|
|using clonezilla, stuck at 79.41%||Installation & Setup|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39.