Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: My data partition is Active?

30 Jan 2012   #1

Windows 7 x64 RC1, Vista Ultimate, XP Pro
 
 
My data partition is Active?

When I restored my Image to a clean partition (A clean drive with 2 partitions) I ended up with Recycle.Bin, Boot, System Volume Information, and bootmgr on my Data drive. I'm not sure what to do about this?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jan 2012   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

Post a picture of Disk Management.

The tools I'd look at would be Diskpart and Partition Wizard, but show us the pic first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Jan 2012   #4
whs

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Guys, you are wasting your time with this OP. He should have done what he was told in this thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...on-format.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #5
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Being a non MCCA member I need to contribute more so I'll give it another go. Post a Disk Management screenshot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #6
whs

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

You are funny Michael. Have fun.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2012   #7

Windows 7 Pro with SP1 32bit
 
 

Tried to figure for a long time but I failed. What does an OP stand for? The word keeps cropping up frequently and I guess I understand in context what it means.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Guys, you are wasting your time with this OP. He should have done what he was told in this thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...on-format.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2012   #8

Windows 7 Pro with SP1 32bit
 
 

If your computer is working fine, as it seems, then please leave it alone and let it do its job for at least a fortnight before tinkering any further.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lostsoul62 View Post
When I restored my Image to a clean partition (A clean drive with 2 partitions) I ended up with Recycle.Bin, Boot, System Volume Information, and bootmgr on my Data drive. I'm not sure what to do about this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2012   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wanchoo View Post
Tried to figure for a long time but I failed. What does an OP stand for? The word keeps cropping up frequently and I guess I understand in context what it means.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Guys, you are wasting your time with this OP. He should have done what he was told in this thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...on-format.html
OP means, quite simply, original poster.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2012   #10

Windows 7 x64 RC1, Vista Ultimate, XP Pro
 
 

My data partition is Active?-disk-management.png

Can I just cut and paste these hidden system files from my Data partition to the C drive?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 My data partition is Active?





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: My data partition is Active?
Thread Forum
No active Partition? Installation & Setup
Solved Removing Active Tag from Partition Hardware & Devices
Solved How to change active partition without removing data from partition? General Discussion
Solved Please help me change the active partition Installation & Setup
Solved Active partition disappears Software
Mystery Partition - Accidentally Put Data on System Partition?? Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 + Active Directory + Roaming Data Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33